We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Arrowroot is famous among flower growers for its beautiful leaves and medicinal properties. The arrowroot plant requires a lot of care, therefore, before acquiring these flowers, it is important to familiarize yourself with its features and the rules of agricultural technology.
- Praying flower - description of the plant
- Arrowroot, maranta leuconeura and other plant species, photo
- Arrowroot plant, care
- Breeding features
- Arrowroot herb - diseases and treatment
- Arrowroot tricolor, plant energy
- The healing properties of the praying herb
Praying flower - description of the plant
Bogomolets belongs to the arrowroot family. It is also called prayer herb or arrowroot. Arrowroot came to us from tropical countries, from Africa and America.
Description and characteristics:
- The flower is considered perennial.
- The leaves have a clear pattern of different colors. In most cases, foliage is black, dark green, and light green.
- The peculiarity of the pilgrim is that in the evening the leaves rise up, and early in the morning they unfold and fall. Due to this, during the day, the flower acquires a different color, since the leaves look different from the outside and inside.
- The height of the stem depends on the variety, at home it reaches no more than 30 centimeters, in natural conditions, the height can reach up to one and a half meters.
- The part that is in the ground has a strong root system, some varieties contain tubers that hold back water and allow them to withstand aridity.
This culture requires a special approach, agronomic skills and knowledge.
For more information about the plant, see the video:
Arrowroot, maranta leuconeura and other plant species, photo
There are about 100 varieties of this plant around the world, the most popular are those listed in the table.
|Decorative white-veined||A characteristic feature of the species is a low stem and oval leaves (which are 9 centimeters wide and not more than 15 centimeters long). Outside, the leaves are dark green, the edges are white, in the center the plate has a beautiful silvery pattern, and on the outside there is a blue, green and red pattern on the leaf. This class is considered the most unpretentious. This species has many varieties, one of which is maranta leuconeura.|
|Tricolor or tricolor arrowroot||The leaves are dark green with a beautiful white edging and red streaks in the middle.|
|Reed view||In suitable conditions it can grow up to one meter in height. Leaves are gray, oval in shape.|
|Bicolor||Rarely grown indoors. The difference is brown specks on the leaves and the absence of tubers.|
Almost the same care is required for each variety, only the principles of reproduction may differ.
Arrowroot plant, care
This culture is very capricious, so it is important to observe even the smallest details during care. Any errors will negatively affect the development and well-being of the flower.
|Humidity||Bogomolets is a tropical plant, so you need to create conditions similar to the humid tropics. To achieve the required level of humidity, it is necessary to pour pebbles or wet moss into the container, pour water not into the pot, but into the pan. Another option for adjusting humidity is spraying. The main thing in this business is that the droplets are small and do not leave stains on the foliage, this spoils the appearance and the upper structure of the leaves.|
|Temperature regime||The temperature should be moderate. In summer, it is +23, +24 degrees, and in winter, at least +12 degrees. The location should be chosen taking into account the absence of drafts.|
|Priming||It is better to buy soil ready-made in the store, for the arrowroot look. If this is not possible, then the mixture can be prepared by yourself. For this, leaf, sod soil and sand are mixed in equal proportions. Then charcoal and humus are added.|
|Watering||The flower loves water, but the measure must be observed. Watering in the summer is carried out every two days (the soil should be slightly damp, not damp). For irrigation, settled water at room temperature is used. During dormancy, the plant is watered every 7 days.|
|Top dressing||Mineral additives for deciduous and ornamental crops are used as fertilizers. Feeding is carried out in spring and summer, twice a month. For praying grass, the consistency is several times weaker than what is written in the instructions.|
Following these tips will allow you to grow a healthy and attractive flower.
Reproduction is carried out in several ways:
- vegetative, by dividing the bush;
- by cuttings.
The first method is carried out during transplantation. The bush is carefully divided into two equal parts (it is important to separate the rhizome in such a way that both parts have strong roots). They are planted in separate containers, poured with warm water and covered with polyethylene to maintain the desired temperature and humidity.
The film is removed when the first leaves have formed on the stem.
Cutting is carried out during pruning, you can use shoots for propagation. The stalk should be at least eight to ten centimeters long, it should have several paired leaves and 2 internodes. The cut is made 2 cm below the knot. The stalk is placed in water until roots are formed.
Now the shoot is planted in the soil, covered with a film or bag for a greenhouse effect. Pruning is best done in late spring to early autumn, then the root system will appear faster.
Arrowroot herb - diseases and treatment
Arrowroot is not exposed to bacterial and fungal diseases. The flower begins to suffer from poor care and non-observance of the temperature regime.
Here are some examples:
- If the soil is poured heavily, the roots will begin to rot, and brown spots will form on the foliage. To cure the plant, you should cut off the affected areas, treat the cuts with potassium permanganate and transplant the arrowroot into another pot, eliminating the rotten roots.
- Dried and twisted leaves indicate dry indoor air. For treatment, minerals are used. Curled, mottled foliage indicates a moisture deficit, so regular watering needs to be done.
- Rotting and lethargy of the stem develops from the cold. It is important to transplant the flower into fresh soil, and put it in a room where the temperature is not lower than twelve degrees.
- Pallor indicates excessive warmth and glare. For treatment, it is enough to remove the plant from direct sunlight.
If you initially follow the care recommendations, then such problems should not arise.
Let's watch a useful video about caring for a sick plant:
Arrowroot tricolor, plant energy
Some esotericists believe that arrowroot has a positive energy. The flower is able to bring good luck to the owners and material well-being.
It is also believed that the plant protects couples from disagreements and improves well-being in case of colds.
These words cannot be called reliable, because it is difficult to indicate cases that confirm this theory or refute it. Believe it or not, it's up to you to decide.
The healing properties of the praying herb
The herb is actively used in cooking and medicine, as it has medicinal properties.
Flour is made from the roots, it is rich in starch, therefore it is useful for patients with anorexia, for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and intestinal anemia.
In addition, the herb contains a large amount of vitamins PP, B9 and folic acid. These elements are necessary for the normalization of the circulatory system, cell division and strengthening of the immune system.
Folic acid is very necessary for the development and growth of a child, for the prevention of anemia. If there are no contraindications, then tinctures based on this plant are recommended for pregnant women.
Arrowroot also contains a lot of calcium (40 μg), so it is used for dental diseases and problems with joints and bones.
In traditional medicine, the herb is used as a general tonic, and in non-traditional medicine - to combat insomnia.
So, arrowroot is a very beautiful ornamental plant that attracts many flower growers not only with external data, but with healing and taste properties. In order for a flower to please its owner, you need to take a responsible attitude to the care and rules of reproduction.